August 26, 2011

...a book review of Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams at Home.



Jeni's Ice Cream has exploded in the last couple months. (I have posts about Jeni's here and here) Started in Columbus, Ohio, her amazing little pints of ice cream have now landed themselves in Whole Foods all over the country. Then I discovered her cookbook! But my favorite part of it isn't actually the recipes for her ice cream, it's her story. A successful business can't be based on simply a good product, and she knew she had a great product. But it has to be combined with business savvy and excellent marketing. Which after her first failed business, she made she to find for the second go round. 


Since I am currently inspired by anyone who can run a successful start up, reading this was the kick in the butt I needed to get my etsy shop up and running. Oh, and I will definitely be making some of this ice cream...below is the page with her recipe for her famous peanut butter buckeye, and each page has a photo of the ice cream on a spoon, so cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...