November 1, 2012

...apple cinnamon french toast

Good morning!

I went apple picking on Saturday (more on that later) and of course came home with millions of apples. Monday morning when I was off work due to Sandy I wanted a warm, indulgent, yet healthy breakfast. So I made some apple cinnamon french toast!



It was easy - 

I cut up 2 apples into cubes, threw a tablespoon of butter into a saucepan and sprinkled cinnamon on top. I let those cook on medium heat while I did everything else, probably about 20 minutes.

For 6 slices of wheat bread I mixed 2 eggs and about 1/2 cup of milk. I like a lot of cinnamon so I went heavy on that, probably at least a tablespoon, just sprinkle in whatever amount you like!

After dipping the bread in the egg mixture and frying it on either side, I topped it with the cinnamon apples and some (or a lot) maple syrup!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...