February 8, 2011

...DIY-ers

I desperately want to be one. And am hopefully on my way there. When it comes to furniture and decorating I usually know just what I want. I can see it in my head. But the only place to find it is Pottery Barn, or Crate and Barrel, or somewhere else that just wants all my money. I can do it better myself if I could only muster up the patience and develop the skills (read: enlist boy's help) to just do it myself. Get a little crafty. Choose my own fabric. All while saving millions of dollars. (Ideally). 


I bought this chair for $5. That's right. Five. Dollars. For a chair. You won't find a napkin ring at Pottery Barn for $5.




I bought this paint for $5. I won't repeat myself again. 


I bought this fabric for $15. But there's tons of it. Way more than I needed to cover the chair. Maybe I'll get crazy this weekend and make some pillows.




And then I put it all together!


All photos awesomely taken by my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...